Known bugs in MacCVS Pro 2.5
Since MacCVS Pro 2.5 is still under development, you can check
the MacCVS Pro 2.5 status page
for the latest bug listing. If you have a problem to report, then by all
means let us know!
Known bugs in MacCVS Pro 2.2.1
- MacCVS Pro is rather slow when thousands of items are selected in a project
or lurkers window.
- If you open a non-modified, non-MROed, file with Resourcer 2.0 it will
ask you if you want to open the file read only. If you choose the modify
the file, Resourcer will update the ckid with a bad checksum! Simply
open the 'ckid' resource, type in 0 for the checksum, close the resource
and save the file. That should clear up the problem. This bug has been fixed
in Resorcerer 2.2.
- Trying to commit a file that actually hasn't changed will fail. However,
the CVS server never sends an error message so you never get any
feedback that your operation has failed. This is fixed in MacCVS Pro 2.5.
- The project views do not update folder tags and other attributes if the
folder is collapsed. This is fixed in MacCVS Pro 2.5.
- Adding a directory on a branch, and then adding files to the branch in
that directory can be tricky, because the folder does not gain the branch sticky
tag when added, and empty folders do not get created when checking out. This
is fixed in MacCVS Pro 2.5.
- Attempting to run CVS Import on the project directory
will result in an "Error 701". You should choose another directory that is
not inside your project directory. This is fixed in MacCVS Pro 2.5.
- Aliased/virtual directories sometimes cause problems during CVS Updates. If you
get an error like "Could not update /CVSROOT/Emptydir" then you are experiencing
this problem. We have a source code fix available that will correct this in version 2.2.1
and it has already been fixed in MacCVS Pro 2.5.
- If you paste text into the fields in the Session Settings dialog, such "User Name",
you can inadvertently paste in return characters and other non-printable items.
See the MacCVS Pro FAQ for answers to most of the common questions
about the current limitations of MacCVS Pro.
Back to the documentation page.